Thursday, November 8, 2012

Great News for us collectors of Cars Diecast

Mattel has announced a new way to collect their Cars models 2013. All the cars will be devided into 9 (?) new categouries. That is maybe understandable,  this way cars from the first and second movies melt together in the whole line.

One categourie is the World Grand Prix.
This one contains all the racers from Cars 2 and the team chiefs and some of the cars around the race, such as David Hobbscap and Eric Lanely.

Another cute categourie is the Lemons.

According to Mattel, this theme contains 7 cars and of course it´s the bad guys from Cars 2 such as Acer and Grem.
 
The first two themes makes me think, yeah I wanna do this! I´m gonna collect this way from now on! But. The next theme makes me wonder...

The Mater Series...
It will feaure cars such as Race Team Mater, Ivan Mater, Kabuki Mater and You da bomb Mater. Not my bag...

No I would rather go for the Piston Cup Theme!
18 cars from the race in the first Cars movie. But not only Racers and Team Chiefs/Pittys. No, several service cars are included such as Marlon Clutches McKay and race Tow Truck Tom.

Another theme that I don´t know if I´ll care to much about.
The Retro Radiator Springs:
Brand New Mater is a cool car, and maybe I could care for Edwin Kranks. And Mildred Bylane looks like a new release. But why do they put Sally in this categourie?

She should be in the Wheel Well Motel:
Red, Flo, Sheriff, Sarge, Filmore, Ramone... 11 cars in total. But not Sally...

Another theme that I might be intrested in is the one with the least good looking cars in.
The Rust-Eze Racing theme:



Dusty and Rusty are followed by six more rusty cars like Vern, Donna Pits and Jonathan Wrenchwoths. I love when Mattel try hard to make the cars look torn down and worn out.

But the cars that look more like clowns, well that´s not what I seek in a Cars Diecast. So I guess I´ll leave this categourie alone:
Tuners
I already got Boost, Wingo, Snot Rod and DJ. But now they want me to get Suki and Kabuto and 4 more cars to got them all... I´m not convinced.

The cutest theme is the Festival Italiano:
Luigi and Guido and 8 more cars. Uncle Topolino and Mama Topolino. Very nice diecasts. I will follow this carefully to see what the other 6 cars will be in this series.

As a whole, I like this new way of order the cars in. I´ve already done almost this when I decided which cars to collect and which ones to leave behind.

So when I´ve reached all my present goals, this is maybe a way to move on.





3 comments:

  1. There is now 12 categories, new ones are Airport Adventure, Palace Chaos and Lightning McQueens, got an email from JMDL Toys this morning.

    Also, thanks for following my blog! Hope it helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I saw that! I haven´t had the time to write a post about it but I will! Thanx!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! I saw that! I haven´t had the time to write a post about it but I will! Thanx!

    ReplyDelete